- Virginias 2nd largest and 4th fastest growing County
- Over 170 Defense contractors
- More than $4.59 Billion in contracts awarded in 2017
- $90K average earnings
- Over 160,000 veterans in N. VA
- Only county in VA that has an increasing Veteran population, continue to rise for the next 6 years
- HUB and Opportunity Zones
Talent: People who live here work herePrince William County businesses have an advantage for securing government contracts due to a highly-skilled and well-trained workforce and over 170 federal contractors calling the County home. In 2017, nearly 5,800 federal contracts were awarded to local businesses totaling more than $4.59 billion.
Synergy with local industries
The Federal Government Contracting industry is closely tied with the region’s other strong industry sectors, including Information and Communications Technology and Life Sciences.
Proximity: Access to government
In addition to being just 40 miles outside of D.C., Prince William County is home to Marine Corps Base Quantico and is just a few miles south of Fort Belvoir Army installation and less than 20 miles from the Pentagon. Fort Belvoir contains over 100 federal agencies and a population of more than 100,000 military personnel and civilian employees and Marine Corps Base Quantico has a workforce population of over 25,800 military, civilian, contractors, and students.