Life Sciences & Biotechnology
Prince William County is home to one of the fastest-growing biotechnology clusters in the Greater Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.
At the epicenter of this burgeoning growth is Innovation Park, which is anchored by the George Mason University (Mason) Science and Technology Campus, making it Northern Virginia’s only university-centered research corporate park. Innovation Park and the Mason Sci-Tech campus houses multiple facilities and institutions that foster the life Sciences in Prince William County, including:
- The Prince William Science Accelerator
- Northern Virginia Bio Science Center (30,000 SF commercial wet lab facility)
- NIH/Mason Biomedical Research Labs (BSL-2 & BSL-3)
- Institute for Biomedical Innovation with CAP/CLIA Compliant Clinical Proteomics Laboratory
- Protein Microarray and Molecular Characterization Lab
- Center for Applied Proteomics and Molecular Medicine
- Sports Medicine Assessment and Testing Lab
- American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) Headquarters
Growing companies are encouraged to partner with Mason’s Protein Microarray and Molecular Characterization Laboratory, Mass Spectrometry Laboratory, Nanofabrication Laboratory and the Biochemistry Laboratories.
Life Sciences Companies
Job Growth Since 2012