May is Business Appreciation Month in Virginia, and the Prince William County Department of Economic Development (PWCDED) is kicking off the month with the announcement of the first round of recipients of the IGNITE grant program awards.
“Our IGNITE grant program is a key to building momentum for attracting startups, innovators and entrepreneurs to Prince William County,” said Christina Winn, executive director of PWCDED. “This program has also benefited our strong existing business ecosystem as they reclaim and recover revenue lost in the pandemic.”
Three businesses will be relocating to Prince William County with $50K awards:
- Bacchus Therapeutics – a cancer research startup relocating from San Francisco, California.
- SylLab Systems – a cybersecurity firm specializing in Cryptography-as-a-Service (CaaS) relocating from San Francisco, California.
- Viva Vita – a company specializing in virtual reality experiences for seniors, relocating from Washington, D.C.
Three current Prince William County businesses were awarded IGNITE grants:
- Cyret Technologies – a global AI company with a new product that automates medical records for doctors’ offices, located in Manassas, VA
- ISOThrive – a clinical stage biotech company focusing on a prebiotic that correct dysbiosis and resolve the root cause of disease located in Prince William’s Science Accelerator, Innovation Park, Manassas, VA.
- ZeoVation – an advanced materials company with an antimicrobial/antiviral additive that makes and keeps surfaces germ-free located in Innovation Park, Manassas, VA
“On behalf of the entire Prince William Board of County Supervisors, I wish to congratulate each of the winners in this first round of the grant program,” said Chair Ann B. Wheeler. “Our hope with this program was to ensure continued economic growth to our community, and we are further encouraged by our County’s obvious appeal to technology-oriented startups. We want entrepreneurs to make Prince William their home—and continue to stay here while they build their businesses.”
Join us Thursday, May 13 at 4 p.m. ET to learn more about the winners and hear real-time feedback on the companies’ business, go-to-market strategy, and practical tips for their entrepreneurial journey. The IGNITE Founder Showcase event will featuring investors and experts from Bull City Venture Partners, The Launch Place, MITEF, and Center for Innovative Technology, this event is free and will feature audience participation.
Register today for the IGNITE Founder Showcase on May 13 at 4 p.m.
The IGNITE program is a non-dilutive grant program offered by Prince William County with a $25K cash grant for early-stage companies and $50K for companies with funding. If your business or a business you know is interested in competing for an IGNITE grant, there is still time.
Submit your video pitch by May 31 to be considered for the next round.
For more information on Business Appreciation Month, including activities, videos, and stories from the Prince William County business community, visit pwcded.org/news.